"THE BANK" - PETERSHAM
New Canterbury Road, Petersham, NSW
The project is located on a prominent corner location in the middle of Petersham shopping village and incorporates a heritage listed Inter-War Functionalist style bank building. The new building wraps around the heritage listed building and merges with the remnants of an adjacent 1920’s motor garage building. The space between the new buildings will be a lively public space reminiscent of the small alfresco style courtyards found throughout Europe.
Adaptive re-use of the heritage-listed building includes a large commercial space at ground floor, reinstatement of a previously bricked-in colonnade, conversion of the existing upper storey into residential uses and the addition of a new residential level above. The new addition includes a distinctive cantilevered roof form that creates a key gateway element to the Petersham shopping village.
The new development creates a total of 15 new studio, 1, 2 & 3 bedroom apartments plus three commercial tenancies.
Status: Under construction.
This project was designed in association with Peter Stronach and Tim Allison Associates.