Founder & Director
AIA, NSW Architects Registration Board # 7716
BSc (Env Des), B Arch
Adrian graduated from the University of Canberra in 1993 with a Bachelor of Architecture. He worked for a number of years in the residential housing sector in the Canberra region before moving to Sydney in 1997. He was registered with the NSW Architects Registration Board in 2005.
For the first 20 years of his career Adrian worked for a number of Australia’s most recognised & award winning firms such as Woods Bagot, Group GSA, Allen Jack + Cottier, Sam Crawford Architects, WMK Architecture and Tim Allison Associates. During this time he gained experience in the commercial, education, public, multi-residential, health & aged care and sport & recreation sectors of the profession, as well as private residential houses. In a career spanning 27 years Adrian has worked on a number of significant projects including:
- Australian Industrial Patents Office (Discovery House), Woden ACT (Woods Bagot)
- Geoscience Australia headquarters, Symonston ACT (Woods Bagot)
- Southern Cross Club & Indoor Sports Centre, Tuggeranong ACT (Woods Bagot)
- Lisarow Gardens Village aged care, Lisarow NSW (Group GSA)
- Mosman apartments & public swimming pool, Mosman NSW (AJ+C)
- Inner West Health Centre, Croydon NSW (AJ+C)
- $20M private residence, Watsons Bay NSW (AJ+C)
- The Village (former Totem Shopping Centre site), Balgowlah NSW (AJ+C)
- Sargood Centre Spinal Chord Rehabilitation Centre, Collaroy NSW (WMK)
After living in France for a number of years, Adrian returned to Australia in 2012 and established atarchitecture, initially as an after-hours activity to help design homes for friends & colleagues. From 2014 to 2019 the practice grew to become a full time business with studio & staff in Camperdown and saw several larger scale projects to completion. Relocating to Freshwater in 2019 provided not only a change of scenery but also an opportunity to restructure the business with a renewed focus on single homes and residential alterations & additions.
As the founder and director of atarchitecture, Adrian brings to the practice a wealth of experience gained over 27+ years and applies his knowledge to each & every project in the practice. His primary design philosophy lies in the clever use of space & volume to create efficiently planned buildings filled with natural light and air. He has a passion for resolving the finest details of the design but is always mindful of the client’s brief and budget.
Adrian lives in Freshwater with his wife and two children.